Once upon a time there was a fisherman who would go out in his boat every day to catch fish to sell at the market. One day he discovered that his boat had a hole in it. A fellow fisherman suggested that he fix it right away but the fisherman said he needed to think about it. He had to decide the right way to repair his boat. And he wanted to make sure he had the money.
Every day he got up to fish, he’d bail out his boat and go fishing. But his boat got worse. And worse. And worse. And one day he woke up and his boat had sunk and he was forced to buy a new boat… all because he procrastinated on
This silly story illustrates an important point that people often miss: there is a cost to procrastination.
Owning a home can be a lot of work. And when a project needs to be completed, it can feel like a big challenge just to decide to get the work done. What’s more, homeowners have a lot of things to think about and a lot of decisions to make about their home, so it’s easy to put off some decisions until later.
- Maybe you’re busy with the kids or with work, and the problem seems minor.
- Maybe you plan to get around to it later but later keeps getting pushed back.
- Maybe you received 3 estimates and are trying to weigh the pros and cons but can’t quite reach a decision.
… or perhaps there are many other reasons why you have chosen not to take action just yet.
Here’s what you need to know:
There are 7 hidden (and expensive) costs for homeowners who delay a decision, who procrastinate, and who don’t get the work done right away.
- Homeowners that wait have to live with a potentially unsafe home. You already know that your home will be safer when we are done, so why wait to get our team working on it for you? By taking action today, you make your home safer even sooner for your family.
- Homeowners that wait have to live with a potentially uncomfortable home. You already know that your home will be more comfortable when we are done, so why wait to get our team working on it for you? By taking action today, you make your home even more comfortable for your family.
- Homeowners that wait risk delays. During a slow season, it’s easy to get a team out to your house right away. But during the busy season, it could be a couple of weeks before a team can get out to your house. By taking action today, you ensure that our team can be scheduled for as soon as possible to complete the project sooner.
- Homeowners that wait risk being inconvenienced. It can seem like there’s no time to get the work done but right now you are dealing with the situation while the issue is still manageable, and therefore you can control when to get the work done at a time that is convenient for you. But if you delay, new problems may arise that “force your hand” and require you to act quickly. This can be highly inconvenient because you no longer have as much choice to act. By taking action today, you remain in control of the situation and minimize inconvenience.
- Homeowners that wait risk the potential of costs going up. Over time, project costs do rise as raw materials or service rates increase. By taking action today, you lock the service in at a lower price than you’ll have to pay in the future.
- Homeowners that wait risk the potential of a bigger, costlier, more time-consuming job in the future. Just like the fisherman in the short story at the beginning of this report, you may start off with a small project but waiting could allow time for the project to become bigger or the problem to become even more critical. By taking action today, you proactively address the issue before it gets worse, while it is still affordable.
- Homeowners that wait could end up getting poorer quality work. Our team is the very best at what they do but if you wait, you may end up choosing a different company because of the price or the timeline suits you better later. However, other companies may not have the same level of expertise and care that our company does. By taking action today, you ensure that you get our team’s top-notch service experts to help you.
As a homeowner, you have a lot of decisions to make and things to consider as you keep your home safe and comfortable for your family. Take action on the decision to invest with our company to improve your home, and cross it off your to-do list. That way, you don’t have to think about, and you can put the wheels in motion to deal with the problem quickly, easily, and affordably.